Best ware for updating drivers
Malwarebytes Installer Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.) Manual Updater link a few situations, in order for the program to run, it was also necessary to rename the main "mbam.exe" file also after installing it..
It resides in the C:\Programs Files\Malwarebytes Antimalware folder. Grif I have a laptop which has the very same problem but i have long ruled out any ISP trouble..
If you find in there, delete that particular entry, save the change, then rename the file back to HOSTS, without a file extension. then check for spyware which might be causing the issue. I had "Show all files and folders" turned on; it's just that I looked in the wrong place. I ran the anti-spyware you recommended, and it found a few trojans and some tracking cookies, which I quarantined. I then did something I should have done a couple of days ago.
A good, free spyware removal tool is at the link below.: SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool Hope this helps. Sorry In any case, I emptied out the temp folders, etc. I had already looked in the Hosts file a few days ago. I took my wife's laptop to a cafe that has a hotspot.
I could search for something in Google and get a search list, but none of the links ln the list would would work. In Firefox 3.0.5 I would always get a blank page, and in Internet Explorer 7 I would get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". The problem is on my PC and my wife's laptop - we are both on the same router and modem (hers is a wi-fi connection).
So I took out the router and connected the cable modem directly to my PC - problem remains. They said they tried using my user name to go to Google sites and had no problems, so they weren't much help.
I use the sites below to download the installer file and the manual updater: Once downloaded and before transferring them to the problem machine, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive..
My System apparently doesn't have the same path to cache and temporary internet folders as yours, but I cleaned these out from Tools in FF and IE (as I have done a number of times in the past few days), and it makes no difference..the Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View section, CHECK the box next to "Show hidden files and folders" and UNCHECK the box next to "Hide Protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types", then click on Apply, then OK.
You'll then be able to see the C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Setings\Temp folder.
I then removed all the Google cookies in FF, and lo and behold - I had GMail and Google search OK.
So I went to my wife's laptop and did the same thing, and I got Google search, but no Gmail.